16 Great Reasons
Why Buy a Corsair Trimaran?
- They’re Fast
- They’re Safe
- They’re Exciting
- They’re Trailerable
- Versatile, Fun and Stable
- They deliver speed on a puff of wind
- Their shallow draft allows you to coast directly up onto any beach
- There’s lots of space for family & crew on the large trampolines
- The wide beams provide a flat stable platform under sail
- It’s a great base for family fun when at anchor
- It’s quick and easy from trailer to sailor
16 great reasons why Corsairs are the best!
- Extraordinary speed and effortless acceleration are trademarks of the Corsairs. Their ability to fly on a puff or generate their own high-power apparent wind is legendary. Without a lead keel to create drag and with tangible buoyancy in construction technique and materials, Corsairs are powered effortlessly by their high-performance sails.
- Superior safety is inherent in the design and construction of these boats and it stems from the same features that make them sail flat and fast. Corsairs can’t sink. In fact, with the hulls filled to the brim with water, the positive buoyancy of the materials of construction keep the vessel afloat even with all crew aboard.
- Comfortable stability at any speed and in almost all sea conditions is simply a feature of beam and buoyancy. Heeling (often unpopular with sailors) is restricted to about 15 degrees, which feels like about 5 degrees on the broad, flat deck and trampolines of a Corsair.
- Trailerability is not a hassle. It’s an advantage! Especially since it only takes a single owner about 30 minutes to go from trailer to sailor and back again after a couple of practice runs. Corsairs fold up and pull out effortlessly, the mast comes down in moments, tows easily and smoothly and saves you a bundle on slip fees and seasonal storage.
- Accommodations are ample and designed for extended cruising aboard the larger models or streamlined for racing on all models. Berth areas are sufficient and comfortable, appliances are an option and a shower if you want one. You’re apt to lounge on deck or in the cockpit most of the time but when you do go below you’ll have all the comfort you need.
- Beachability! On a Corsair, you can sail or motor up to the beach, step off and drop anchor on land, you can see if it is set properly! No need to load up the dinghy as everything is with you aboard and nearby.
- Unparalleled construction. We do not compromise on materials or technique of construction. Corsair has pioneered high strength and lightweight construction technology that incorporates aerospace composite, foam sandwich construction, glass fabrics, carbon fiber, kevlar unidirectional and vacuum bagging for an ideal glass to resin ratio.
- The folding system. It’s spectacular. It’s patented. After decades of use worldwide our folding systems are well proven and are the most successful and structurally sound available for trimarans.
- Venerable design. Our exceptional Corsair design teams have demonstrated an unsurpassed ability to accommodate innovations to sail plans, interior modifications and accessory additions that Corsair owners have requested resulting in a line of performance sailboats offering as much or as little as the people who sail them need and want.
- Low Maintenance. The combination of engineering and materials that make Corsairs so strong, sleek, fast and lightweight also make them incredibly easy to maintain. And, as Corsairs are seldom stored on the water, there is little need for everything from bottom coatings to anti-mildew sprays.
- High re-sale value! Way past the time you’ll start taking your Corsair’s strength, endurance, dependability, fit and finish for granted and believe that other boats must also be built as well because how could anyone settle for less – you’ll probably start seeing some new Corsair model and think about trading up. That’s when you’ll find out that the superior construction of your Corsair will enable you to sell it to someone else for not much less than what you bought it for new.
- Our global dealer network means you have support when you need it whether it be parts, service or advice. All new boats come with a 5 year structural warranty and your nearest dealer will be able to help you when you need it and even if you don’t.
- The Corsair Owners Community means you’ll be joining a dynamic and fun community of people. Regular fleet racing events and annual regattas are organized every year around the world which offer an opportunity to meet and share information with other Corsair owners. Owners Community
- Throughout the years Corsair has been reliable. We offer consistency in the products we offer which is tied to the strong Corsair Marine brand name.
- Through our shipwrights, management team, production team, dealers and our fleet captains we share a passion for delivering great products and the information that enables you to get out there and enjoy your boat!
- Finally, the way they look and make you feel: fast, sleek and unstoppable.